The Chase Sapphire Reserve is one of the best, if not the best, travel rewards credit card at the moment. To make the deal even sweeter, Chase is currently offering a whopping 100,000 point bonus after meeting the minimum spend requirement of $3,000 in 3 months. The last day you will be able to apply for this card online and get this bonus is January 11th, 2017. The card will still be available with the same big bonus if you apply inside a Chase branch until March 11th, 2017. Therefore, there is less of a rush if you live near a Chase branch, but either way it is more convenient to apply online.
I’ll highlight some of the amazing features of the Chase Sapphire Reserve card:
- 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points as a sign up bonus
- $300 travel credit per calendar year (so if you apply now you can get the credit in 2017 and 2018)
- 3x the points on travel and dining expenses
- You can get the fee for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck (never do this as Global entry also includes TSA PreCheck) reimbursed
- Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you access to almost 1,000 airport lounges worldwide
If you have applied for more than 5 credit cards in the past 24 months, Chase will reject your application. Few people have been able to get around this. This is the what is holding Brittany and me back from being able to apply for this card while it has this big bonus.
If you think you can be approved for this card and want this card, I highly recommend you apply soon to get the big sign up bonus. The annual fee is pretty big at $450, but this is easily offset with the $600 in travel credits you can get in your first cardmember year. If I could apply for this card, I would.
Have any questions? Are you going to be applying for this card?